On July 2013, DAS was created to continue with the objectives and work conducted by PRECESAM (Programa de Estudios de Cambio Económico y la Sustentabilidad del Agro Mexicano). The latter belonged to Centro de Estudios Económicos El Colegio de México until the begining of 2013.
To carry out research and evaluations of the highest quality in order to analyse, develop and influence public policies that positively impact people’s welfare. This is done from a territorial, sustainable and inclusive approach, addressing the interactions between economic and human development, employment, agricultural and non-agricultural production, sustainable use of natural resources and the adoption of new technologies.
- Evidence-based design and implementation of public policies related to the sustainable, economic, and social development in Mexico
- The design and implementation of public policy in Mexico includes a territorial vision that considers social, biophysical and cultural regional particularities and promotes the coordination among government ministries and between the three branches of government
- Public policy in Mexico is effective and efficient in achieving public welfare
- There are high achieving young Mexican researchers who are intuitively sensitive to socioeconomic and environmental challenges
- To influence socioeconomic development plans and programs through the promotion of a territorial approach with the participation of local and national governments. This includes considerations of socioeconomic, cultural and biophysical regional particularities in design of policies, as well as the coordination between government ministries and among the three branches of government levels.
- To influence public policy and related public debates through the dissemination of research findings in mass media, academic platforms, forums and conferences, and by creating partnerships with other organizations in civil society.
- To be a reference for the public and private sectors, the civil society and the academia in the generation of objective information based on a territorial sustainable approach considering human development.
- To be part of a strong network of national and international academic institutions for the exchange of ideas and the development of joint projects in the national and international context
- To be a financially sustainable organization with enough resources to accomplish its objectives